Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy National Bundt Day!


Buttercake Bakery's Marble Bundt Cake


 Normally I don’t celebrate particular food days, but this one is special, because blogger The Food Librarian has turned National Bundt Day into a month-long celebration of all things big, beautiful, and bundt.
With her “I Like Big Bundts” project, FL makes one bundt cake each day for a month leading up to National Bundt Day.  Now that’s love!

To celebrate the day, as well as to celebrate the birthday of one of my best friends, I made Buttercake Bakery’s Marble Bundt cake from the LA Times, which was also the first recipe that FL posted this year.
This cake was the perfect choice because I had to carry it from New York to New Haven. Bundt cakes are sturdy, and even though they aren’t frosted, they are special enough for a celebration. Next time you have to travel with cake, I highly recommend this one.

It may be my favorite marble cake thus far, partly because of the extra chocolate chips in the batter. I used vanilla bean paste for the first time in the vanilla batter, but I couldn’t really notice a difference in taste or see the black specks. Maybe it’s because chocolate crumbs were floating around too.

Next time I want to underbake the cake a little.  I had one bite where the chocolate batter hadn’t completely cooked through, and it tasted like a fudge sauce right in the middle of the cake.  I want more of that!  Or maybe I’ll just stir a jar of fudge sauce into the cake next time.  That could work too.

Enjoy :)


2 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely fantastic...I love marble cake, it's super nostalgic for me because we always had it for my uncle's birthday when I was a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep threatening to get a bundt tin. I can see endless happy experimentation with lots of different flavours. On my shopping list!

    ReplyDelete